Saturday, July 14, 2007

best dishes y'all!

Back in May, I bid on a basket of food items at a USC alumni auction. Also included in the basket was a pair of tickets to the Orange County Food & Wine Show. Well, the show was today so my friend/former roommate Amanda and I headed down to Anaheim. We tasted SO many amazing food products ... my two favorites were turkey meatballs with cranberry sauce and smoked turkey sausage.

The highlight of the day was ... a live cooking demonstration with Jamie and Bobby Deen (Paula Deen's sons ... Food TV hosts). They were very entertaining and made some good appetizers. After the demonstration, Amanda and I waited in line to have them sign copies of their new cookbook.

Having lived in LA for 11 years now, I have met/seen more than a few celebrities, and normally I don't get starstruck, but something about these two made me totally nervous! After I had my picture taken with them, they actually talked to me for awhile and I told them I will be in Savannah this coming week and am going to eat at their restaurant ... and while they seemed pleased, didn't offer me any sort-of VIP treatment :)

Anyway ... here I am, grinning like a 13-year old schoolgirl!

No comments: