Tuesday, August 28, 2007

three nights in bangkok ...

After almost 22 hours of flying ... we made it to Bangkok alive and well. This is now our second full-day and I don't even know where to begin! The city is HUGE and overwhelming. There are buses, cars, and tuk-tuks everywhere. And so far ... we have tried them all, including the Sky Train (aka subway)! In a nutshell we have already visited the Grand Palace, Pho Wat/Reclining Buddha (my favorite thus far), seen a "Lady-Boy" show, eaten delicious food, shopped (Molly & Lindsay, I already have great presents for you), and had a 1 1/2 hour massage in our room. Tonight we are going to see a traditional Thai dance show and then we are hitting up the Pat Pong night market for more shopping.

Our hotel is great, Crissy and I have been swimming a few times. Yesterday was a bit rough acclimating to the time difference, but today we all feel great. I am in heaven with beautiful, awe-inspiring Buddhas everywhere I turn. I can't post pictures, but will have tons to post when I get home. Tomorrow we have another massage in the morning and then we fly off to Chiang Rai (ChiangRai for you Adam) in the north. I don't know if Internet will be as accessible, but hope to post once at each of my stops.

I love and miss you all ... but want to give a special internet hug to Diana who is taking such good care of Annie. You will be rewarded :)

1 comment:

My Philippines Adventure said...

I'm so glad you guys are having a blast. I'm sure you'll visit Pat Pong several times. I bought so much stuff there. Did you have the chance to visit Central Department Store? Have a great rest of your trip!