Sunday, November 11, 2007

mickey "the diva" mouse

Seriously ... who knew Mickey Mouse was such a diva! Last week, Allison and I ditched work and spent the day at Disneyland celebrating her 30th birthday. We started the morning off with a breakfast buffet with Chip and Dale (no Diana ... not Chippendales). They really had a thing for Allison and presented her with her very own birthday dessert!



We got into the park at 10 am on the nose and it was literally empty. We rode Space Mountain twice in 5 minutes and never waited in any line longer than 15 minutes. This gave us time to lounge around in Mickey's house.



Speaking of Mickey, this was literally the strangest thing I have ever experienced at an amusement park. After trapsing through his damn house for 5 minutes trying to find his barn where he was "filming a movie," we had to wait in a 15 minute line. Of course, we get to the front of the line and they shut the door and tell us to wait, which we do. Then suddenly, the door opens, we are shoved into a small, hot room and there is Mickey in his sorcerer get-up. Allison and I are pushed up next to him and before I can blink there is a camera in my face with someone saying, "Smile!" and before I know it, we are back outside on the pavement, saying to each other "What the f***???" Unless I had the picture to prove it, I wouldn't believe we actually got to meet the mouse.


Other highlights ... getting soaking wet on the lamest part of Splash Mountain (check out our wet jeans in the picture) and walking around the entire friggin' park looking for a pretzel ... only to find THE ONLY stand tucked away behind It's a Small World.


All in all though ... it was a day of laughter and friendship that I will remember forever. And I am so happy I was able to do it for such a special, amazing, talented, beautiful and wonderful best friend!

1 comment:

Michael Ejercito said...

Congratulations to your friend for having a thirtieth birthday.

Disneyland is fun on weekdays since less time is spent in line.

I went to las Vegas, Nevada a few days after my thirtieth birthday. I wonder if your friend is heading over there.