Tuesday, December 4, 2007

i am too old for this!

Last Sunday, my roommate Lydia invited myself, Diana, and Joanna to attend the taping of the televised Movies Rock concert and after-party. The thought of going out late on a Sunday wasn't exactly thrilling, but we decided it would be a fun roommate outing and said yes. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from the show itself, but it was actually very good. The concept was various singers singing popular songs from movies. My favorites were Jailhouse Rock (Chris Brown), Mrs. Robinson (Marc Anthony), Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend (Nicole Sherzinger), and Shaft (LL Cool J & Busta Rhymes). If you have time, check it out on CBS this Friday night.


(Jessie decided to get dressed up as well)


The taping was over by 8:15pm so we decided we would head over to the after-party held at Boulevard3 in Hollywood. We figured we'd have a drink, eat something, and then be home by 10pm. Well, we were wrong.

(Lydia and I enjoying Boulevard3's outdoor patio ... Cuba Gooding Jr. was on the other side of us)


We started off with some Patron cocktails and visited some of the food stations ... sushi, carving, Asian, Italian, etc ... and the dessert bar. Everything was awesome. However, it really started to go down hill when we visited the large bar located near the dance floor ... fast foward to six glasses of champagne later and I was having a great time! Samantha Ronson, aka Lindsay Lohan's BFF, dj'd and she was awesome. So we danced and drank the night away ... and didn't leave until 2am ... which means by the time we got home and helped a vomiting Lydia to bed ... I didn't go to sleep until 3am. Let me just say that my 5:30am wake-up call was not welcomed and I have absolutely NO idea how I used to go out on weeknights and then get up and go to work without a care. I was cranky and miserable on Monday.

(I decide to double-fist champagne ... not my best idea)

But you only live once and I've got to live it up before I turn the big 3-0 this May. Besides, when else can you drink and dance with celebrities at one of LA's hottest clubs ... all for free???

No comments: