Tuesday, April 15, 2008

30 or bust. i choose bust.




Birthday Countdowns from 123mycodes.com


I am in the final few days of my twenties, which I am not coping well with. I remember when I was little, I thought by the time I was 30, I would be married with at least one child, living in a nice home, and working at my dream job. Turns out, I've accomplished none of that.

When I tell people this, they say, "Oh ... you are focusing too much on a number!" or "Come on ... your thirties are the best years of your life!!!" Really ... I thought that was high school. Hmmm.

Anyway, at the moment, instead of focusing on how I am dreading May 31, I am instead going to pretend I am looking forward to it and all of the accompanying celebrations ... river rafting with my closest friends and sisters, dancing the night away at the Standard Downtown, laying on the beach at Tahoe, and partying in Vegas with my other "30 and Fabulous" girlfriends.

For now, 30 doesn't seem so bad.

1 comment:

Michael Ejercito said...

Forty-five days 'till you join the club.