Friday, September 7, 2007

home sweet home

After a long and uneventful flight, we arrived home safely at 8:30pm last night. Thanks to the wonders of jet lag, I have been wide awake since 4am. I guess at least I slept through most of the night.

Our last night in Phuket was amazing. Leanna and I had the best massages/body scrubs overlooking the ocean. The only downside ... I sprained my ankle walking (or rather falling) down the spa steps to our room. Didn't stop me from enjoying my last night, but I had a total cankle the next day.

The seafood buffet was so delicious. I had lobster, crab, prawns, and salmon. I even celebrated with a glass of Thai chenin blanc wine that was pretty decent. We woke up the next morning and caught our flight to Singapore and then had about 2 hours for a city tour. The city is absolutely amazing. It's so clean, beautifully landscaped, etc. I definitely want to go back ... and think it's a great trip for someone not quite ready for full-blown Asia as it has a more-Western feel to it. The highlight of the trip was our visit to the famed Raffles hotel. It's even more beautiful in person that in pictures and my only regret is I was not able to sit in the hotel bar and order a Singapore Sling!

My goal today is to unpack and sort through my stuff. Pictures will probably be tomorrow. Oh ... and guess I should get back on the Pacific time table!

No comments: