Wednesday, September 5, 2007

i left my heart in phuket

Well ... this is my last post from Thailand :( I just got back from a full-day of snorkeling on a boat in the Andaman Sea. The weather was gorgeous and we laid out, ate good food, and snorkled (Leanna went scuba-diving). Our last night in Chiang Mai was great - went to a local street market, got foot/leg massages and ate more good food!

The next morning we flew to Phuket. Our hotel is absolutely gorgeous ... but Patong (the nearby town) is so gross. It's a total replica of TJ. Bars, vendors, skanky girls, etc. And the shopping is a joke. Yesterday it poured rain all day so we hung at our hotel, walked around town ... and had yet another massage (our fifth of the trip).

We decided to do some packing last night and then actually had a great Italian dinner at our hotel and then went to bed early in anticipation of today's trip. We were all nervous about the rain, but Buddha smiled down on us and there was not a cloud in the sky the entire day. The surrounding islands are breathtaking and the water is crystal blue and warm.

In 30 minute Leanna and I are having a 60-min massage followed by a 30-min body scrub at our hotel's spa on the beach. It's a splurge in Thai baht, but still only $90 each. Then we'll meet up with Crissy for a seafood BBQ on the beach. This has truly been the perfect end to a perfect trip.

We fly out tomorrow morning and while I am sad to leave am ready for home and my own bed. Our layover is Singapore is 4.5 hours so we are fortunate to go on a 2-hour tour of the city ... and the famed Raffles Hotel. That will at least be something to look forward to tomorrow.

I will see some of you soon ... and will post pictures for the rest when I can. I hope you all enjoyed this. Ciao!

No comments: