Tuesday, October 6, 2009

spinning

The world revolves around me.

There - I said it.


And when I say the world revolves around me, I don't mean to imply that I am the center of the universe. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I am stuck. And I don't know what to do. How to be unstuck. I feel like the world keeps revolving - people around me keeping moving, and I am standing still, unsure of how to move forward.

I know I need a change. I even know what I need to change - I'm just not sure how to go about it. I have moments where I feel myself, and feel like I am making progress ... and then I take the proverbial two steps back. And I'm frustrated.

I guess this is my version of a mid-life crisis, minus the shiny red convertible and hot young girlfriend. I'm unhappy, unsatisfied with where I want to be - I want more. I want change.

I hope you will bear with me as I try to figure this all out. Tonight, while lying in a hot, dark bath tub, I told myself to use this blog to talk about my feelings, even if no one reads it. I have always been a writer, and writing helps me feel better, even if only temporarily.

So I will write ... and hope that one day soon, the world will start revolving ... with me in it.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey lady!
I read ALL of your blogs, love them! You were always a better, more creative writer than me (even our teachers said so). I am looking forward to seeing how you decide to move ahead with your life plans!