Saturday, March 13, 2010

powder room

I have been slacking in a major way on the blog front. Life ... why must you be so hectic??? I am currently in Albuquerque for work and have a few minutes to spare here and there so I will try to get a couple of posts on the new place up and several people have asked to see the progress!

While not excitng, below are pictures of my bathroom, which has two distinct areas - a vanity and a separate shower/toilet room. Painting the bathroom is not in my plans right now so I needed to find a color scheme that complimented the beige paint and white baseboards.

About a year ago, my mom gave me the most gorgeous shower curtain. I had never put it up at my old place because quite frankly, it was too nice. Now that I have my own place, I was so excited to have it serve as the focal point of my new bathroom!
Armed with a Tiffany blue and chocolate color scheme, I set to work decorating the rest of the bathroom. I found a chocolate and silver bathroom set at a Restoration Hardware outlet and then painted a wood shelf I already had to match the decor. I was able to incorporate a vase and onion grass I already had ... and my beloved Buddha canvas I have had for years.

No comments: