Thursday, March 10, 2011

diy garland

If you look closely at my cookie exchange photos, you will notice some cute garland hanging from my bar. Well, not only is the garland cute, it is handmade and cost next to nothing to make!

Step 1 - Purchase decorative paper from your local craft supply store. I bought mine in the scrapbook aisle at Joann's Etc.

Step 2 - Using a paper punch, punch holes in your paper. I happened to have two different circle punches from another craft project so I used what I have. If you do not have a punch, they are about $10 at Michaels, and you can usually find a 40% off coupon in on the web. I liked using two different shapes, but you could punch them out in the same size/shape.



Step 3 - Take two of the same size/style paper circles, and glue them to a piece of twine. Et voila ... you have a cute, inexpensive garland!

It helps if you have a feline assistant, ensures the project will run smoothly!

No comments: