Wednesday, April 6, 2011

diy tutorial: felt rosebuds

A few posts ago, I promised to detail how to make felt rosebuds. To make them, grab felt, scissors, glue, and a pen.

Cut a 4 inch felt square to start, later, try experimenting with different size of square for a smaller or larger rose. I also suggest cutting the corners off.

Now draw a spiral onto your felt square and then cut it out. I guess if you are really crafty, you could skip the tracing part, however, I can’t cut in a straight (or curvy) line to save my life. Trust me, I have scissors with a laser pointer built in to help me cut correctly!


Now that you’ve got your spiral ... start rolling the felt spiral from the inside out. Once you have rolled all the felt up, glue the end and voila, you’ve got a rose! To jazz it up, add a pearl, stone, or straight-pin.




No comments: