Thursday, February 21, 2008

george, george of the jungle

It's taken me awhile, but I am finally posting pictures (of less-than-stellar quality) of Diana and I on our zipline/canopy adventure in Puerto Vallarta. I have wanted to do this for some time and considered it in Belize, but decided to cave tube instead, which by the way is another awesome experience.

We chose to go with Vallarta Adventures, mainly because they are an eco-friendly tour company. They don't put nails in trees, but rather use brackets and change the course periodically so no one tree is ever over-taxed. The entire forest is also an ecological preserve owned by the company. Both Diana and I had a great time and loved our guides (even though they were big flirts!) - I highly recommend a canopy tour, unless you are afraid of heights. Keep in mind that the tour itself is 1 1/2 hours long and you and your ENTIRE group stand around on small platforms, held only by brackets, high in the trees! Not for the faint of heart.


George showing us the ins and outs of zip-lining.

Diana flying through the trees!

Uriel can't help but laugh at my braking skills.
The Tarazan Swing.


Rapelling back down the ground.

No comments: