Thursday, February 5, 2009

enough memories to last a lifetime

Last week, I thought a bit about what I could do for Baby Kate that would be special and something I could continue add to as she gets older. I though of savings bonds, a bead-by-bead pearl necklace, and then it came to me. I shopped around and found this personalized, adorable memory box from Aimee J creations and decided to fill it with cards that I will give her every year on her birthday. The cards will be filled with advice, memories, stories of her parents as people, etc. Neither she nor her parents will be able to read the cards until she is 16 ... they will have to be collected in her box until that time.

I did write her one card already and am allowing Shaun and Felicia to read it as it details what the purpose of the box is, but after that, it will be like a sort-of girly time capsule. I am going to drop it off tonight on the doorstep as a suprise. I hope it goes over well, I hope she loves it, and I hope I remember to write her a card every July :)


1 comment:

Becky said...

That is a great idea!