Monday, January 26, 2009

fairy godmother

On Saturday night, I went over to Shaun and Felicia's for dinner - Cherie and Mike were visiting and I wanted to see them. When I walked in the door, I was handed a glass of champagne and presented with a cake that read:


I think I had to read the frosting a few times before it sunk in and I started crying (yes, I cry a lot ... you got a problem with that???!!!). I was so overwhelmed, I forgot to answer. It felt like a wedding proposal for a minute there.

Of course I said yes - how could I say no to such a special honor for a baby who I love with all of my heart. I remember when Felicia was preganant, I honestly thought to myself, "There is no way I am going to love this kid as much as I love Jack!" And then out she came, and from the moment I visited her in the hospital, I loved her.

I know that technically a godmother is supposed to provide spiritual guidance to her godchild, but honestly, I am looking forward to being her friend - someone who will love her unconditionally and whom she feels she can come to with anything. It is fun to look at her and know that for the rest of her life, she and I will have this special bond and I absolutely cannot wait to watch her grow and become the amazing woman I know she will be!


1 comment:

Becky said...

What a wonderful honor for you! You are right, she is a cutie.