Monday, January 12, 2009

martha-stewart-in-training

I live in a two-story townhouse. The second-floor has a wrap-around hallway that doesn't get much light, especially when none of my roommates open their curtains. We have a few tables and artwork placed throughout the hallway, but after taking down my Christmas decorations, I decided one of the tables needed some pizzazz. Not wanting to shell out a lot of money for something at Pottery Barn (which is hard for me to do!) after going nearly bankrupt buying the world Christmas presents, I decided to head to Michaels, figuring I would attempt to throw something together ... and here it is:



I'm not claiming to be an amazing designer, but for $5, I thought this was pretty awesome. I bought the gold glitter "grass" for $1.50 a bunch (for two bunches) and then cut the individual stems off and placed them in an old glass vase I had laying around. I purchased the brown/gold ribbon for $2.00 and hot-glued it to the base of the vase ... and voila .. a funky table decoration that looks better than the picture shows.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yes, it does look nice!